Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday Night Dinner

This turned out far better than I expected. 4.5 pound pork loin, twelve cloves garlic, 1/2 cup fresh rosemary leaves, two tablespoons coarse salt, one tablespoon ground black pepper, four tablespoons olive oil.


Put the garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper into the food processor and blended it up well. Added the olive oil in slowly till I had a nice wet paste.


I cut the loin almost in half lengthwise and on each half cut a small pocket. Sread half the paste on the inside of the loin and stuff some into the pockets. I skewered the loin back together and spread the rest of the paste over the outside.


Set up my Weber for indirect grilling and cooked the pork for almost three hours. At the 2:30 mark I pulled it off, covered it with foil and let it rest for a half hour on a platter.



I was supposed to use "tuscan oak" during the cooking but used cherry chips instead. Guess I'll have to find some oak next time and see if I can taste any difference. My wife and I thought the finished product tasted just fine.

4 comments:

Beerorkid said...

mmmmmmmmmm...paste

Pretty looking hunk o pork there.

I have been mixing apple and mesquite.
I really have no clue what I am doing ;)

Beerorkid said...

only 12 cloves?

he he

Swoof said...

That looks terrific. There's nothing like well prepared pig.

Chris said...

Thanks guys, next time more garlic and less salt (sayeth the missus).