Sunday, June 29, 2008

Grilled Stuffed Rib Roast

Thought I'd try some beef this time. This is a Brazilian recipe where you stuff various things into holes poked in the roast. You're supposed to use a "larding iron" which is a V shaped rod but I used an old sharpening steel.





Started with a 3 pound roast. Poked a gob of holes in it. Into the holes went yellow and green pepper, carrot and onion. The recipe called for ham in some of the holes so in it went. Into some smaller slits on the surface of the roast I put slivered garlic. Seasoned the beast with salt and pepper and fired up the grill!




I grilled it indirectly over a drip pan for about two hours using some new hickory Kingsford I got from Leon's. That store rocks!




I should have simmered it in the pan, it was a bit dry.

5 comments:

Beerorkid said...

ummmmmmm........

Looks kinda like olive loaf ;)

Chris said...

I was thinking pimento loaf!

Swoof said...

Meaty Xmas fruitcake!

Anonymous said...

What? No Bacon?

Tanya said...

I bet it tasted a lot better than pimento loaf!