Monday, March 23, 2009

Mt. Fuji Inn, we love you!



I've been going to Mt Fuji's in Omaha for 20 years, my wife even longer. It's Omaha's first Japanese restaurant and we love the atmosphere. You don't really go there for the food but the atmosphere. The Mai Tai lounge downstairs is funky Gilligan's Island bamboo and naked Polynesian girls on black velvet paintings. Koi swim in tanks with glass sides that are visible in the lounge and from above upstairs in the main restaurant.


The drinks are "authentic" island recipes served by a bartender that's been there since 1974. He's a character for sure but makes the best Zombie I've ever had. The Zombie has five shots of a secret rum mix. Woo hoo! We had a shot of the rum mix and it was fantastic. Our party enjoyed flaming Navy Grog, Fog Cutters, Chi Chi's and Zombies. Mmmm!



The place is owned by a mother daughter team and we found out the mother had some medical issues a few weeks ago and might not make it. The daughter may close the place. We really hope not but I took lots of pictures and our foursome had a really good time.



I wish the entire Mt. Fuji team all the best and I hope you stay open!

No comments: