Sunday, March 29, 2009

Saturday night dinner.



Pecan crusted pork tenderloin with sweet red onion marmalade, roasted sweet potatoes and fricasseed brussels sprouts.

My wife really enjoyed this meal, I thought it was pretty good too. Cut a 1 to 2 pound tenderloin into slices about an inch think. Covered with plastic wrap and pounded down to about a half inch thick. Coarse chopped a red onion and then cooked it in a little veggie oil after sprinkling it with dark brown sugar and simmering in 2 tablespoons water and a quarter cup balsamic vinegar. Set it aside and prepare the sweet potatoes. Peel and cut the taters into half inch slices, put them in a greased baking dish, sprinkle some dark brown sugar on them. Then I took two slices of bacon, cut into pieces and sprinkled over the taters. Baked for 30 minutes, turn them, bake for 25 more.

After turning the potatoes, I breaded the pork pieces in flour, them egg white, the a mixture of flour, coarse ground black pepper and ground pecans. Cook them in a unsalted buttered large skillet until done, turning once. I set the tenderloins on a plate that was over the oven vent so they stayed warm, almost hot.

Next slice one and a half pound fresh brussels sprouts (food processor), cook 2 slices of bacon pieces in some olive oil till browned, throw the sprouts on top and toss for a minute or two with some salt and pepper. Cover them and let them cook for a couple minutes and they're done. And wicked good I might add. The comment I got from the dinner table was "you can make these anytime". They really were that good. Thanks to Jacque Pepin for the recipe.

2 comments:

Laoguy said...

I have never seen anything like this before, and it looks really tasty. You sure know how to cook.

Chris said...

Hi Phet, thanks for the comment. I love to cook, mostly following what others do and tweaking things a little.

I really wish I could create elaborate stuff like here.

http://latestdish.blogspot.com/