Wednesday, June 25, 2008

This and that...

I came across a 250 gallon container to upgrade my rainwater harvesting project. Much easier to deal with than moving the full 55 gallon plastic barrels I was using.





Its a monster! I had to take down some fencing to get it into the back yard. It has a nice bottom feed drain valve so I can hook up the hose if needed. I'm thinking of hooking up one 55 gallon container to the main house downspouts, I figure the more saved the better. And with the temperature starting to climb, the potted plants and flowers will be getting more frequent drinks. Hopefully we still get some good rain in July and August.





The garden is doing really well. Tomatoes, zucchini, carrots, cucumber, basil, Thai basil, cilantro, flat leaf parsley, peppers, and a couple of Dahlias for the heck of it. And three elephant ear garlic too.

3 comments:

Beerorkid said...

whoa

I think I will take you up on the 55 gal barrel.

Chris said...

Sure thing, I can bring one over Friday and put it by your back yard.

Beerorkid said...

Awesome. I will be working late friday eve, but taking some time off during lunch. They do not let me do overtime :) :(