Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Are you handy?



I found out today that Norm's show is ending after 21 years. Whether it was the Workshop or This Old House everyone I've ever mentioned him too knew who he was. That's a pretty damned good saturation level.
I've built a fair amount of stuff around the house and Norm is a great inspiration. He always makes a project seem easy and took the time to explain difficult concepts. I think he inspired me to take on challenges I would never have attempted. Through him and his This Old House co-horts I've tackled wiring and plumbing as well as carpentry.
I'll miss seeing new things from Norm. But I'm glad he's in syndication and plans on staying with the other show for now.
We all are inspired in our lives by many different people and things. Who inspired you?

No comments: