Sunday, February 13, 2011

Boozed up hot tub of love......

Well now that I have your attention, let me just say that I've read a lot of food related posts the last couple of years but that sentence about takes the cake!  Steve makes food I wish I could eat. Guess I'm going to have to try making that in the near future. 

Did you enjoy the weekend?  What a great couple of days!  My wonderful in-laws took "The Boy" Friday night so the Missus and I had some time to go out and let someone else serve us. And we both slept in Saturday and today, that is always a treat!

We ventured out to 56th & Hwy 2 Saturday night and had Indian food at Taj Mahal.  The place was very busy but the wait was worth it.  After the meal I was invited into the kitchen to see what Chef Raghani was preparing, he had a huge pot of base sauce going and he was pureeing it with the biggest stick blender I've ever seen!  We talked a bit about paneer cheese and after showing me his, told me to air dry my next batch in the fridge for two days to firm it up.  I was thrilled to be invited into a working Indian kitchen!

I prepared a pecan smoked honey-rosemary pork loin this evening and sauteed some zucchini and green peppers along with the pork.  This week looks to be fantastic weather wise so the grill will be hot at this house! 
















I hope you're all doing well and I'll see you soon!

3 comments:

the DISH said...

whatever, grillmaster:) I can't even come close to your grill skills. try out the coq au vin, it's easy, especially for a seasoned cook like you. jealous you got to see an indian kitch. can't wait to see the grill treats!

Anonymous said...

I took a picture but can't find a way to upload to you, LOVE the Tiki theme. The Lincoln ACE Hardware at 50th and Van Dorn has solar tiki lights, they are pretty great and about $15 each. Not like a tiki torch, but like a tiki, that lights up at night!

Chris said...

Thanks for the tip Anonymous and thanks for stopping by. With the weather turning finally, it's time to get serious about posting again.