Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!!

Well it's 2011! I might know what you're thinking, "Where has this guy been?" Well the year ended and it's time to get the new year started on a new fresh foot. I don't have any legitimate excuses for ignoring WestADad since October. I was just lazy. Sorry! 

I'm roasting a chicken for Sunday dinner at the moment and with a recently aquired laptop at a countertop seperating my kitchen from the dining room, I felt the urge to post something.

I hope each and every one of you that comes here had a wonderful holiday season no matter what you celebrate. With Lincoln Public Schools closed since December 22nd we've been busy entertaining "The Boy". Movies, bowling, Children's Museum, Lost In Fun, and two "Christmases" with both sets of Grandparents on the 24th and 25th. I'm ready for him to go back to school and I'll go back to work.

Speaking of work, my co-workers decided to have a pot-luck back on December 23rd. So being me, I had to do something big and smoked a herb crusted ham out in front of the business that morning so it'd be right off the fire at lunch time. It weighed 8.9 pounds and was a big hit. I brought the leftovers/bones home and made a tasty ham and bean soup on New Years Day. Which was also pretty darned good according to the Missus.

I'm excited to start the new year saving up for the new deck/tiki hut I plan to build. I've laid down some plans on paper and continue to draw inspiration from TikiCentral. Some of the bars/huts/rooms posted at "TC" are simply mind blowing. One day not far from now you'll be invited over for some tasty treats and tiki drinks!

I've discovered a few new dishes the last couple of months (new to us anyways) and I'll be showing them to you soon. I hope you like them.  Chicken Yakisoba is a real favorite and easy to make too.

Since it's winter and I need a hobby to keep busy, I plan on showing you step by step my attempt to build some lamps for the tiki hut. Hopefully you don't laugh to hard at my handiness or lack thereof!

The chicken and taters are done.  I could eat dozens of these little roasted red bliss tasty treats.
















Hope you have a good week and again I wish each of you a happy and prosperous 2011.

2 comments:

Rev. Dr. said...

Woo! Here's to the future tiki hut!

*raises glass*

"To a new year, and a new tiki hut!" Thanks for the warm wishes on Christmas. Hope yours was good as well.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you will be sharing the Yokisaba recipe, it sounds interesting.